[ns] Can you multicast enable individual nodes

I am currently using multicast protocols in my simulations, and am using the
$ns multicast command to enable this. However, I would like to have a
situation whereby part of the network was multicast enabled, and part was
not (emulating the current situation on the WAN). Is there a way to do this
?

I assume that I am correct in thinking that $ns multicast ensures that all
nodes in the simulation are multicast enabled.

Thanks,
Mark