[ns] question about the modification to ns2

Hi ns-users,

I'd like to make a little modification to ad hoc protocols in ns2 by adding some
funtions. Also I'd like to save the packet (signal) power value received by
mobile node to the trace file. I think I can add a new trace format to trace.cc.

What I want to know is: what are the classes (or programes) will use the new
format I added and write to the trace file? I only see a lot of class files in
ns2, where is the part in ns2 likes main( ) part in a excuteable c++ code in
so I can see the sequence of different methods being called?

Thanks a lot!

Liang