RE: [ns] MPLS

I am about to ask a very ignorant question so I'd like to apologize in advance for asking such a question... Anyway, I am new to ns and currently learning the tool.  Could someone explain to me what "snapshots" is?  I assume these are the latest changes to the tool, if so how do I incorporate those changes to the version that I've already installed.

Thanks,

Mai