[ns] snapshot

Hi all,
  I had 2.1b6 installed on an ultra10 running SunOs5.7..
I wanted to try the current snapshot..So, I just copied over the ns2-src
and tclcl-src snapshots from the ftp site and copied them (and replaced
the current contents of) the directories ns-2.1b6/* and tclcl-1.0b9/*
directories respectively..
Then I used the ./install script under ns-allinone-2.1b6 and did a
install..Is this right procedure..Or should I modify
configuration/makefiles and clean up stuff before I can try the new
snapshot..
Also the DV routing was reported to be broken in the snapshot sometime
last week..Has this been fixed..Are there any patches that I should apply
to the current snapshot..

Thanks.
Jeyandran