Re: [ns] Is pacing incorporated in ns-2.1b6?

> Hi to all,
> My question is rather simple:is pacing -as suggested by Partridge for
>high delay-bandwidth product links- implemented in the ns-2.1b6 all-in-one
>version?I thought that it isn't,but there are a couple of variables (e.g
>maxburst_ in tcp::send_much and burstsndtimer) which imply that it might
>be.Do I miss something?

I'm not sure what "pacing as suggested by Partridge" means.
ns-2.1b6 includes the RBP tcp variant (described in
<http://www.isi.edu/~johnh/PAPERS/Visweswaraiah97b.html>).  It should
also include Padmanabhan's TCP "fast start" described in his Global
Internet paper.

There are also some TCP parameters to assist burst control.  Your best
best is to study the source code for their details.

   -John Heidemann