Re: [ns] NS to simulate optical networks?

>Hi all NS users
>
>I'm a final year telecommunications engineering student at the University of
>Malaya, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. I'm doing the simulation of optical IP
>router for my final year project.
>
>I came across NS recently, and wonder if it's suitable to simulate optical
>networks as well. Can anyone kindly advise? I really appreciate the help.
>thanks.

Yes, ns has been used to simulate optical networks.  See the papers
"Simple Wavelength Assignment Protocol" and "How Many Wavelengths Do
We Really Need In An Internet Optical Backbone?"  at
<http://www.isi.edu/~touch/pubs/>.

I don't know of any optical-specific parts of ns, though.  You may
want to contact those authors.

   -John Heidemann