Re: [ns] Install under Redhat 7.0

>John,
>
>I tried building the daily NAM snapshot I d/nloaded today (10/10/00), but
>it fails at the same point as before (editview.cc).
>
>correct me if I'm wrong, but below are the steps I took to build the
>snapshot:
>1) Recursively copied all files from the "unzipped" snapshot directory to
>the nam directory under ns-allinone
>2) make clean
>3) make

You need to ./configure the new code with the appropriate arguments
(pull them out of "install" in the root of ns-allinone).

To build ns on redhat 7.0 you will need to update tclcl and possibly
otcl as well.  I don't know if these are required for nam as well.

The editview.cc problems that you posted before appear to be
differences between the compiler and the nam code, yet it works fine
for me on the exact same platform.

>Make failed while trying to compile editview.cc
>
>Any thoughts?

You may want to look at the specific compiler error messsages.  For
example, the first error that you sent in editview.cc:

	editview.cc: In method `int EditView::cmdsetAgentProperty (int, char *,
	int)':
	editview.cc:298: no matching function for call to
	`EditorNetModel::setAgentProperty (int &, char *&, int &)'

seem to indicate you're using the current snapshot (or at least, the
same code I'm looking at).  I see the declaration:
    void EditorNetModel::setAgentProperty(int id, char* pv, int pn)
in enetmodel.cc, line 226.

   -John Heidemann