Re: [ns] goodput for TCP connection

http://www.isi.edu/nsnam/archive/ns-users/webarch/2000/msg01392.html

The enclsoed mail suggested using ndatapack_ and nrexmitpack_ for calculating goodput.

However, nrexmitpack_ does not seems to work for TCP Vegas. Can anyone tell me whether it's a program omission or I have done something wrong ?

Regards
Estella

Title: Re: [ns] goodput for TCP connection

Re: [ns] goodput for TCP connection

In tcp.h:
299:        TracedInt ndatapack_;   /* number of data packets sent */
304:        TracedInt nrexmitpack_; /* number of retransmited packets */
therefore, at the end of the connection, [ndatapack_ - nrexmitpack_] should
give you the number of unique packets. Give it a try and tell us about it.
--
Lucas Barri�re

[email protected]
http://aemiaif.lip6.fr/etudiants/lucas
UNIX is user-friendly. it's just selective about who its friends are.