[ns] Error Model

				Hi all
 I am trying to use a link in ns that will behave like the lossy-uniform
link in ns v1(a link that drops packets with a constant probability p)
 I am using the Error Model (ch 12 of the manual).Can anyone tell me what
exactly represent the member variables "rate_" and "ranvar_"?
 Assuming that I fix the link to drop a packet with constant probability ,
how do I specify a queue which drops no packet(packets are droped before)?
I am trying to use a DropTail with very large buffer.Will this work?
 I am placing the error model before the queue.Is this right?
				Thanks
				 Ayis

--
"Provability is a weaker notion than truth, no matter what axiom system is
involved ... "

Kurt Godel (1906-1978)