Re: [ns] change flow id at intermediate node

>> not really, usally there is an output queue per *physical* port (correct me
if
>> I'm wrong). Besides a queue per se is not an object that should mark/remark
>> packet; I think we both agree on that.
>
>Ok. To ns it is very convenient (and flexible) to implement the queue
>inside the link object, although it is counter intuitive for beginners
>(who tend to think a queue is inside the node, because ports belong to
>routers).

well, since NS doesn't model links themselves (layer 1-2, unless we are talking
LANs and wireless stuff); links can be thought of physical ports... I understand
it is counter intuitive but it's sometimes hard to keep intuition and
abstraction hand in hand :).

>And, indeed, a queue is not a proper object to remark packets.
>
>Carlos

Tarik