Re: [ns] global variables possible?

thanks for the suggestion. I have one further question
following your suggestion.

In an attempt I tried to online access the tracefile during
the simulation, so that I get the global information. But I encounter
a file sharing problem. What I did is:

In the dump() procedure of trace.cc, I added:
         fp = fopen("test.out","a+");
         fprintf(fp,"%s", wrk_);
         fclose(fp);

In the timeout() of tcp.cc, I added:

         // want to know what caused timeout
         fp = fopen("test.out","r");
         fscanf(fp,......);
         fclose(fp);

But doing this gives me a core dump whenever the code of timeout()
is executed.  If I use locking machanism, and put the procedure
to sleep, will this influence the event-driven process of NS-2?

Would be very appreciate for suggestions!

Zhenghua