Re: [ns] Hierarchical addressing and mcast

On Wed, Oct 18, 2000 at 05:02:40PM -0700, B. Scott Michel wrote:
> I haven't bothered with centralised multicast or BST.

Don't even think of using hierarchical addressing with these two critters
either.

Basically, hierarchical addressing seems to be incompatible with mcast.
And mcast is also allergic to LANs as well. This appears to get in the
way of real work (like my application-level routing and forwawrding stuff,
where I'd like some semblence of reality to my sims).

- What would it take to get mcast to work with hierarchical addressing?

- What would it take to get mcast to work with LANs?

-scooter

PS: I'm starting the come the the conclusion that you do get extra SIGCOMM
    paper points if you mention you used ns because anyone who's willing
    to slog and survive this fine collection of code deserves something, like
    extra paper points...