Re: [ns] multiple path links?

hi haobo,
i had  gone through some of the sources.I understood that i can have only one link
between 2 nodes.
even if i try to encapsulate  many SimpleLinks between each node,as u said i have
problems in routing and packet forwarding.

say
if i have 2 nodes with 2 Links.

n0 ========== n1

i can only attach a agent w.r.t sender node n0 (not with link1or link2) like
set cbr0 [new Agent/CBR]
$ns attach-agent $n(0) $cbr0

so here i cannot differentiate w.r.t links.

i would like to hear some suggestions like
whether i should write new wdmlink ,a wdmagent ,and packet to support my needs.
I am lacking lots of resources,hope some one could help me out,
thanks
kishore

Haobo Yu wrote:

> > I need a WDM links netween tunable /non tunable nodes.I thought of going for
> > a multple simple links with different bandwidth,but it dint work as i need to.
>
> ns allows only one link between any two nodes. This is determined by the
> way links are stored. See Simulator::simplex-link in ns-lib.tcl.
>
> If you want multiple links with different qualities between two nodes, you
> have to encapsulate them somehow in a single link structure. But then you
> have the routing and packet forwarding issues among these parallel links.
>
> > I would welcome some suggestions on using a multilink which has been removed
> > from
> > ns-lib.tcl versioned 1.144.
>
> multi-link was used to simulate a lan. That's why it was removed when the
> current lan implementation was added. I could be wrong but I don't think
> it can establish more than one links between the same two nodes.
>
> - Haobo

Kishore Kumar Sathyanandam
Trainee at CTIT
University Of Twente