[ns] TTL question

Here's a "feature" that confuses me a little, and perhaps I'm misunderstanding
the simulator's operation. Here's my topo (again):

(2)              (3)              (6)
  \               |               /
   ---- (0) ---- (4) ---- (5) ----
  /                               \
(1)                              (7)

At each of these nodes, there are agents sending packets with small numbered
TTLs. When (2) sends a multicast packet with TTL 3, node (3) never sees it,
although from what I understand of things, it should. If node (2) sends with
a multicast packet with TTL 4, node (3) does receive it.

Is this a misunderstanding on my part of how TTL is supposed to work or just
a simulator artifact?

-scooter
--
Scott Michel                          |   No research ideal ever survives
UCLA Computer Science                 |   contact with implementation.