[ns] Problem with classifier methods

I'm trying to add some  additional functionality to the
classify() method in  AdressClassifier.
But it looks like  these functions are not being invoked at all.  I put
debug messages in all the
classify() methods  I could find,  but the only debug msg  that's being
printed out is the one inside
the  port classifier (classify() in the classifier-port.cc class)

My understanding is that the port classifier is invoked only at the
destination node, while the intermediate
nodes  should invoke the classify() function in AddressClassifier to
determine which link the packet should be forwarded to.
But it looks like they aren't being invoked.

My simulation consists of 6 interconnected nodes, using static routing,
where a CBR agent on one node sends UDP packets to another node (via 3
intermediate nodes)

Any suggestions as to why this occurs would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks !

Sunil Thulasidasan.