[ns] configure: error: tcl is required but could not be completely found

Hello,

I am a final year under gradute student at Bradford University. I am hoping to
use ns as a major part of my final year project. I am however having probelms
building it. I am trying to install the unix version on solaris which is running
on exceed over an NT machine. I have downloaded all the components but when I
follow the instructions on configureing and making I get this result from the
tclcl-1.0b10 and ns-2.1b7 modules.

checking for ANSI C header files... (cached) yes
checking for strtoq... no
checking for strtoll... yes
checking size of long... 4
checking for __int64_t... no
checking for long long... yes
checking for int64_t... yes
checking which kind of 64-bit int to use... int64_t
checking for tcl.h... no
checking for libtcl8.3... no
checking for init.tcl... no
checking for tclsh8.3.2... no
checking for tclsh8.3... no
checking for tclsh... /opt/computing/bin/tclsh
configure: error: tcl is required but could not be completely found.

I can't point it to tcl as that's what I'm trying to build.

Stephen Coulson
[email protected]
[email protected]

Why Rule The World When I Can Eat Baked Beans (Neil Freeman 15/11/99)