Re: [ns] Bandwidth and Delay for a Mobile Node

>From: [email protected]
>Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 16:03:12 -0400
>To: Tarik Alj <[email protected]>
>Subject: Re: [ns] Bandwidth and Delay for a Mobile Node
>Cc: [email protected], [email protected]
>
>Hi Mr. Tarik,
>
>1.) Do you know how to check a bandwidth and delay for  mobile node or
>wireless node?

never worked with wireless.

>2.) Can we look at a trace file or printout a message to check a bandwidth
>or delay for mobile node?  If so, how?

you have to get a ref to the Mac object used or Phy and do something like "puts
[$mac set bandwidth_]" in your script, for example.

>3.) In ex/wireless.tcl files, I saw a bandwidth and delay to be setup as
>following:
>LL set delay_ 25us
>LL set bandwidth_ 0 ; not used
>LL set off_prune_  0; not used
>
>What do you think about this?

as it says : not used.

>4.) In ns-defaults.tcl, I saw a bandwidth and delay to be setup as following:
>
># Default values used for wireless simulations
>Simulator set AgentTrace_ ON
>Simulator set RouterTrace_ OFF
>Simulator set MacTrace_   OFF
>
>LL set mindelay_                50us
>LL set delay_                   25us
>LL set bandwidth_               0       ;# not used
>LL set off_prune_               0       ;# not used
>LL set off_CtrMcast_            0       ;# not used
>
>5.) Tarik said, "yes. Assuming you are using plain Mac."
>Are you sure I can use "Mac set bandwidth_  and Mac set delay" for a mobile
>node?

rather the mac corresponding to the wireless stuff, 802.11 I think. Mac is a bas
class for 802.x macs.

grep for mobile or wireless in tcl/

>Thanks,
>

>Son Cao