[ns] About a newly created class in c++

I am using NS to simulate a completely new network arch. So I need to develop the C++ class of the node and link all by myself. Here I have some questions:

1. Are this classes should be derived from the TclObject so that I can use the command method and register my classes to the Tcl interpreter?

2. As for the interpreter part, must I develop a corresponding classes arch to facilitate the easy configuring of the Simulator class? Is there any requirement for the interpreter classes? As I know till now, it seems that this newly created classes should be derived from the SplitObject class in the Otcl.

3. If the above two has been finished, what should I do to the makefile or something else?

any advice is highly appreciated

He Xiang