Re: [ns] RTP questions using Agent/RTP and Application/Traffic/CBR

>Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 13:39:24 +0000 (GMT)
>From: Lloyd Wood <[email protected]>
>To: Kevin Yuen <[email protected]>
>cc: ns-users mailing list <[email protected]>
>Subject: Re: [ns] RTP questions using Agent/RTP and Application/Traffic/CBR
>
>On Tue, 31 Oct 2000, Kevin Yuen wrote:
>
>> 	I have created two nodes such that RTP data are sent from
>> 	one node to another node. In the sender node, I use
>> 	Agent/RTP to send data generated from Application/Traffic/CBR.
>
>Application/Traffic/CBR is usually connected to a UBR agent.

a UBR agent? More like a UDP agent I would say.

It
>strikes me that Agent/RTP might deprecated in much the same way as
>Agent/CBR is - old, standalone, no application to attach - and should
>no longer be used...
>
>(Use of attach-agent for agent-node and application-agent is
>unfortunate - attach-application would be nice.)

indeed.

Wasn't RTP meant to be used for multicast, and cannot be used out of that
context? That's what it seemed to me, last time I looked at it. If somebody
makes it work in a non-multicast context I would like to know about it, thanks.

>L.
>
><[email protected]>PGP<http://www.ee.surrey.ac.uk/Personal/L.Wood/>

Tarik

514 875-1266 #2036 (email preferred)