Re: [ns] ns2 allinone

.cc files are not executables, but source code. They get compiled into .o files
that are linked to give an executable, that is ns. You cannot edit .o files.

try this : "file *" in the ns directory... and maybe you want to read about C++
(or C for that matter), there are tons of books on the subject.

>Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 09:46:38 -0700 (MST)
>From: "Michelle D'Souza" <[email protected]>
>To: [email protected]
>Subject: [ns] ns2 allinone
>
>Hello,
>  I had a question about using the .cc files located in ns*/ns-2.1b6. Some
>of the files included are snoop.cc,wireless-phy.cc etc. How do you execute
>these files? I tried opening the *.o files as well but I got the message
>"permission denied". Is there something that I should be doing that I'm
>missing? Please reply as soon as you can.Thanks.
>
>- Michelle

Tarik