[ns] NS help reqd

Dear All,

I am an undergraduate student at IIT-Bombay and am using NS for my senior thesis.
My objective is to simulate our campus network on NS and determine if it
will be possible to multiplex new links on the existing infrastructure.
Our network consists of many hubs routers, switches and ATM backbone.
So far as I know capability of NS extends upto LAN and does not include
ATM switching or WAN.
Can anyone tell me how to(if possible) "join" two virtual routers one
each of two LANs to create a WAN-effect ?
Also, please let me know any upgradation besides that 'ns Manual' that has
come about. I have also seen some workshop notes on ns but did not find
any clue to my problem.
Thanx in anticipation,
-Anant.