[ns] 64 bit integers & the scheduler question

Good afternoon-

I've run into a little problem; I'm simulating some complex topologies which
include gigabit links, and the simulator is running out of unique identifiers in
the scheduler (because it's using 32 bit integers to store this information).

Are there any patches to use `long long' as provided by the gcc compiler, or by
creating a simple Int64 class to do it by hand with unsigned 32 bit integers?
(I'm on Intel hardware which does not support native 64 bit processing).

Basically, I need this kind of functionality and just wanted to know if it's
already been done before I waste my time implementing it, and more importantly
what other things may break due to 32-bit integer overflows.

Thanks!
-Eric

 Eric H. Weigle   CCS-1, RADIANT team
 [email protected]     Los Alamos National Lab
 (505) 665-4937   http://home.lanl.gov/ehw/