[ns] scheduler going backwards

Hi All,

I understand that there has been much discussion on the list regarding
"scheduler going backwards" problem. The fixes suggested are use a new
scheduler.cc or using a Heap scheduler. Well, I have the latest version of
scheduler.cc so that should not be a problem. Using the Heap scheduler
gives me a segmentation fault even earlier.

I have a few questions. Would appreciate it if someone can help me.

1) Is segmentation fault concomitant with scheduler backwards problem?

2) Using a Heap scheduler gives me problems even earlier than using a list
scheduler. The error comes while instantiating my queue object which has a
timer associated with it. So, an event is scheduled as part queue
instantiation and this gives a segmentation fault. Any clue why this
happens with Heap and not calender? (Can one schedule events from inside
c++ code before "$ns run" has been done?)

Answer to these and/or any other thoughts about getting rid of the
problem?

thanks,
	-ratul