[ns] problems setting up nam

Hello,

I need some help, I am running ns on a solaris workstation. I have installed all
the required components and now want to install nam bot I'm having difficulties.
I get the error message printed bellow. I have tried this with nam-src-1.0a9 and
the snapshot. I can see the problem lies with the C compiler but it had no
problems configuring and installing the other modules.

Please help me???

dcsun2-[1]% ./configure
creating cache ./config.cache
checking how to run the C preprocessor... cc -E
checking for ANSI C header files... yes
No .configure file found in current directory
Continuing with default options...
checking host system type... sparc-sun-solaris2.7
checking target system type... sparc-sun-solaris2.7
checking build system type... sparc-sun-solaris2.7
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) works... no
configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler cannot
create executables.

Stephen Coulson
[email protected]
[email protected]