[ns] Expoo traffic

Hello !
I have a question about expoo traffic. I want to know if during "on"
periods, packets are transmitted with a delay between them or not. Do we

On       Off    On               On           Off       On

In another hand, i've found in a computer science technical report*, that
"the on-off source provided by ns simulator" doesn't correspond to any of
the known on-off models". There is a new C++ class (for expoo.cc), and i
want to know if it's necessary to replace the old one by this new
proposition.

*"On the specification of NS and other Known On-Off Sources"

Thank you in advance for your help !

Leyla