[ns] End-to-end performance of a single flow in an ad hoc network

Hi,

I have a simulation of a 50-node ad hoc network with 15 flows using DSDV
protocol. I would like to compute certain end-to-end performance metrics
for one particular flow, like end-to-end delay of packets, number of
packets dropped, etc.

Can someone give me an idea how to do it? I can record the time at the
sender when the packet is sent by looking at the trace file. But how do I
further track this same packet to see if it is dropped or what time it has
arrived at the receiver? When a packet is received at the final
destination (as seen in the trace file), how do I know which one of the
packets sent by the sender it is? It just seems to be coming from the
last-but-one intermediate hop!

Thanks and regards,
Samarth.