[ns] A confusing question about vegas.cc code?

Hi!
    I am quite interested in vegas algorithm and having a further reasearch now.
While I survey the sourec code of vegas.cc I found something strange. On the
calculation of delta = int ((expect-vactual_)*v_baseRTT_ + 0.5), why constant
0.5 should be added? May someone tell me how this determination come from which
paper? I didn't find this constant added in several papers about vegas
discussion.

Thanks in advance
Best Regard

--