Re: [ns] Makefile problems

if you are not adding any new files, you don't need to modify the Makefile. Just
type make.

You are supposed to edit Makefile.in not Makefile. There is no problem in
practice (I know I might make some people scream here), if you are adding a .o,
if you edit Makefile.

>From: "ns user" <[email protected]>
>To: [email protected]
>Subject: [ns] Makefile problems
>Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2000 10:42:56 CST
>
>This is the set up I have:
>
>The base code of ns files in a directory - /basecode/ns-2.1b6/
>I copied a couple of files from the basecode and copied it to my local
>directory
>Copied Makefile, Makefile.in, ping.h. ping.cc
>
>I want to change ping.cc, build it and then link that with the rest of the
>files in the basecode and build a new ns in my local directory.
>
>Is there an easy way to modify my Makefile to do the above  ?
>And also what is the diff. between Makefile and Makefile.in ? Which one am i
>supposed to modify ?
>

>thanks in advance for guiding this newbie..
>
>ns_user

>http://profiles.msn.com.

Tarik Alj

INRS-Telecommunications