[ns] routing protocol using lookup

Dear users,
I'm writing a new routing protocol based on a concept of "on demand
routing decision". I have read chapter 23 : 'Unicast Routing'.

Now, the protocol works but it must update routing tables in 'ns' by
using main simulation's scheduler.

I would like to use a modified instance procedure lookup{} from rtObject

(in ns-2.1b7/tcl/rtglib/route-proto.tcl) in order to compute the best
route on
this procedure call. I don't want to use routing tables anymore.

When I debugged rtObject class (using DV, LS and default routing
policies), I saw that the lookup procedure was never called, why ?

Where and when is requested a best route to reach a destination ? What
does this request ?

Best regards !

Thanks,
                   David Schenk