Re: [ns] CSMA/CD

I understand you work with CSMA/CD(802.3), read the following
anyway:
in ns-allinone-2.1b6,
mac-802_11.cc has some parameters determining the bandwidth
(slottime for backoff) hardcoded, so that choosing a bandwith
frm tcl is meaningless, unless you are lucky enough to choose
the correct bandwidth (Unknown to me, maybe 2 or 1 Mb/s).
A bug in mac-802_11.cc is reported here:
http://www.isi.edu/nsnam/archive/ns-users/webarch/2000/msg04162.html

OK, that was for mac-802_11, how about 802.3 ?

In their documentation, the CMU Monarch people write, about
802.3 :

"The CMU Monarch Project has used this MAC protocol code far
less than the 802.11 protocol code and it has not been as
extensively verified, so it is proportionally more likely to
contain bugs of some sort. Caveat Emptor"

So if I were you I would check the 802.3 code and make sure that
it does what I hoped it would do.

--
Robin