[ns] Creating a new Calendar Queue

Hi

I want to create a new kind of queue in the ns2.  What i have in mind
is a calendar queue which schedules packets based on a time stamp within
the system.  I need it to for a EDF scheduler which will sort the packets
based on the time stamp.

Currently there is a Calender Scheduler implemented in the scheduler.cc of
the ns-2.  Can it be used to sort packets, instead of events (since Packet
class is inherited from the Event class).  Can parts of the
CalenderScheduler code be used to create a new queue class.  Which would
be a better solution??  What modifications other than the ones to Makefile
and ns-default.tcl should be made if I where to implement a new queue
class.  Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated

Sandeep