[ns] Fragementation and reassembly?

Does ns fragment and reassemble PDUs at each level? Specifically, for a
wireless interface, are the PDUs transmitted as a whole, or broken up into
smaller chunks for the air interface? ( PDU => protocol data unit)

If not, is it possible for me to implement fragmentation (and reassembly)
of PDUs in ns? If yes, where can I find relevant code?

Also, for transmission over a wireless interface, does an ns-mobile node
or base-station-node broadcast the packets over the air interface, and
only the nodes close enuf, and configured to receive the packet read it;
or is the packet directly sent to the dest. node (ie in a point to point
manner) ?

I am using ns version 2.1b6, on linux.

Richa Jain.

5th year student,