[ns] Reg: NS-2 on windows

Hi ,
  we are trying to install NS-2.1b6a on windows NT and when we try running
the Nmake program in VC++ on the DOS prompt along with the makefile.vc in
the source distribution it gives the foll error:

this is what we did as specified in the manual for installing ns on windows:
cd e:\ns\ns-allinone-2.1b6\ns-2.1b6
e:\microsoft visual studio\vc98\bin\nmake /f makefile.vc

the error we got is:
"The name specified is not recognized as an internal or external
command,operable program or batch file"

can someone please help us

Thanks,
Anu and Preethi.