Re: [ns] Base Station multicast enabled?

On Mon, 20 Nov 2000, Meeta Sharma wrote:

> We are trying to run some multicast scenarios on a wireless env.

Not currently possible. The multicast stuff is all in OTcl, while the
wireless stuff is C++ and doesn't have hooks in it for OTcl routing
code. One of them would have to be fully rewritten.

> We are
> facing difficulties because of multicst not for wireless..
> but in ns-bsnode.tcl (ns/tcl/lib/ns-bsnode.tcl)..it shows that a base
> station can be multicast enabled..

That file also says in its comments:

#THE CODE INCLUDED IN THIS FILE IS USED FOR BACKWARD COMPATIBILITY ONLY

Node/MobileNode/BaseStationNode instproc entry {} {
	#XXX although mcast is not supported with wireless networking currently

L.