[ns] Problems with LAN topology

Hello,

I am doing some research on energy efficient wireless computing and I need a
certain setup in NS. I had no problem getting a simple duplex-link setup to
my liking but I find the LAN topology a bit confusing. This is what I want:
a LAN setup with two nodes (I got that far). I however want to be able to
specify what the delay is on the medium. With make-lan this is done in a way
that I do not want: you can specify the delay before the signal reaches the
medium. But I want the LAN to be sort of half-duplex. So there can be a lot
of data in transit, but only in one direction. While data from node 0 to 1
is on the medium (with the delay specified by me), node 1 can not send to
node 0. I think with make-lan the medium is indeed exclusive to one sender
at a time but I am unable to specify the delay.

I hope somebody understood what I am trying to say and can help me.

Thanks in advance,
Lewie Donckers

-- [email protected]
-- Computer Science student at the University of Twente, the Netherlands