[ns] [Q] Legitimate registration of a new Tcl code parts

I wrote a new tcl code which should be compiled and merged into one ns
executable file.
Let's call it "NovelMethod.tcl" located in ~ns/tcl/lib directory.

I added the string "NovelMethod.tcl" into ~ns/Makefile and ~ns/Makefile.in,
and the
compile was successful.

However when I call a process in NovelMethod.tcl, NS dies with "catch
error".
When I put the whole code of NovelMethod.tcl into an already working tcl
file, such as
~/ns/tcl/lib/ns-agent.tcl, NS properly works and returns no error.

I guess I missed something to register my new tcl file legitimately.
Anybody can pinpoint the cause?

Thank you,

Jiwoong