[ns] Howto set channel delay in LAN

Hi,

When I was setting up a LAN topology, I noticed that the delay argument of
newLan and make-lan did not have the effect I was looking for. The delay
argument applies to the link layer delay. I want to set the delay of the
channel itself (that is what corresponds to the physical medium in real life
I believe). I have tried editing tcl/lan/ns-mac.tcl where the default
channel delay is stored and tcl/lan/vlan.tcl where I changed the LanNode
init procedure to set the delay of the channel right after it is created.
Both did not work.

Does anybody know how I can set that delay? Or can somebody maybe tell me
where I can get more information?

Thanks in advance,

-- Lewie Donckers
--
-- Computer Science student at the University of Twente, the Netherlands
-- [email protected]