Re: [ns] please give me a hand

As a starting point, I would suggest you read Marc Greis' tutorial
(http://www.isi.edu/nsnam/ns/tutorial/index.html), and then read NS
Manual section on mobile networking
(http://www.isi.edu/nsnam/ns/doc/node146.html).

Since you are going to modify DSR, you will probably have to go through
DSR source code (see ~ns/dsr/* and ~ns/tcl/mobility/dsr.tcl.)

Idris Rai wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am the new NS user too. My objective to using NS is to
> modify DSR routing protocol to enable to perform some extra
> tasks to maintain the existing route.
>
> I read the NS mailing list archive in which one advices to
> start from  the existing related algorithm which is DSR for
> my case.
>
> I would be glad if one could provide me with necessary
> directions to attain this end.
>
> Thank you in advance.
>
> Idris.

-- Felix Hernandez Campos