Re: [ns] .gif file Nam dump

>These are separate programs. The *ppm* stuff are from netpbm library and
>the latter is from gifmerge. Go find them from google and install, or ask
>your sysadmin...
>
>On Mon, 27 Nov 2000, Ann Monico wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I referred to the ns manual which gives a script to
>> convert xwd files to gif. However I am getting error
>> saying xwdtoppm, ppmtogif, gifmerge not found. I am
>> executing the shellscript in sh (not csh as mentioned
>> in the manual) and in Solaris 2.8. Wondering if I'm
>> missing something here,

I've updated the manual with pointers to the where the programs are:

Please note that these programs (xwdtoppm, ppmtogif, gifmerge)
are \emph{not} part of ns.
You can get the first two from \url{http://download.sourceforge.net/netpbm/}
and gifmerge from \url{http://www.the-labs.com/GIFMerge/}.

   -John