[ns] Problem in creating gifs from Nam Dump/ppms

Thanks for your replies.

I managed to have the utilities installed.xwdppm is
now renamed as xwdpnm in the distribution.I am using
this program to create a ppm file. But ppmtogif is
giving error. I am using the script just as given in
manual

for i in *.xwd; do
xwdtopnm <$i |
ppmtogif -interlace -transparent\222#e5e5e5\222
>\221basename $i .xwd\221.gif;
done
gifmerge -l0 -2 -229,229,229 *.gif >movie.gif

And following is what it shows

xwdtopnm: writing PPM file
usage:  ppmtogif [-interlace] [-sort] [-map mapfile]
[-transparent color] [ppmfile]

All I can think of is either ppm is not getting
created properly or there is a version mismatch of
ppmtogif with what is given in the script. What else
might be the problem?

I shall greatly appreciate your comments.

ann