[ns] collision handling and segmentation/reassmble

Hi all,
in the channel.cc I see some description about collisions:
in line 188
/*
* Each node needs to get their own copy of this packet.
* Since collisions occur at the receiver, we can have
* two nodes canceling and freeing the *same* simulation
* event.
*
*/
can anyone tell me how collisions are handled? I didn't find any code in
phy.cc or wirelessphy.cc about collisions.

Also, is any segmentation/reassemble mechanism implemented in ns?

Thanks!!

Y. S.
begin:vcard
n:Chang;Yun-Shen
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:Telecommunication Networks Group TU-Berlin
version:2.1
email;internet:[email protected]
x-mozilla-cpt:;-7392
fn:Yun-Shen Chang