[ns] New Routing Protocol

Hi,

I need to implement a new routing protocol that is overlayed on top of IP.
This requires me to create new routing tables, store information at nodes
describing network conditions, perform dynamic routing on a per packet basis
and interact with the preexisting network and transport layer agents. I'm
looking through the code and mailing lists and it doesn't seem like there's
a tutorial on creating a new routing protocol. Does anybody know of one?

TIA.