[ns] problem with xgraph for wireless adhoc network

hi all,
      I am trying to compare the performance of routing protocols for wireless adhoc network.
   Using scenario file and communication file I got the nam and trace files.
    I wanted to know the procedure to get Xgraph or Gnuplot from trace file.Procedure for wired network is not working for wireless i.e. obvious.
    Further please tell me how to set variables for x axis(pause time,send rate) & y axis (throughput,end to end delay) in xgraph.Is there any command to do that,particularly for adhoc wireless networks.I didn't find in tutorial.
  thanks for any kind of help.
                                amit