Re: [ns] Problems using TcpApp wit FullTcp

Tarik Alj wrote:

> From the cvs-tree it says that Felix's fix has been incorporated as of revision
> 1.81, so it should be working well as of ns-2.1b7.

This is not the last bug fix I posted, it is actually a quite old suggestion I made
(and it is not right). The one in

http://www.isi.edu/nsnam/archive/ns-users/webarch/2000/msg03812.html

is much better, and I think it should be added to the source tree.

Including  "closed_ = 0" in reset() is not the way to go. As I said, the actual
problem is that closed_ is defined in tcp.h and then redefined in tcp-full.h, what
it is wrong. Remove closed_ from tcp-full.h, and TcpAgent::reset() will be able to
set closed_ to 0 in the right way. My posting also suggests a fix for the FIN
problem that it is quite relevant under heavy loss conditions.

Thanks for fixing ReassemblyQueue!

-- Felix Hernandez Campos