[ns] power control

hi,
Does anybody know of a way of varying the transmit and recieve powers of
wireless nodes "on the fly" in ns. I mean I want to set the transmit power
level of each individual packet. This may be needed to simulate a new
routing protocol, for example.
The only way I have figured out to set transmit and receive powers is
through node-config but that fixes the thing for the node. I want to do
have a packet level flexibility.
If I have to write my own functions, any suggestions as to where should I
begin.
Thanks.
..vikas