[ns] Linux TCP/IP Stack Modifications

 Dear Sir,

Could you help me regarding ths problem.

In TCP/IP Protocol Stack , the data is transmitted based on acknowledgements.
To receive Acks, the sender waits for certain amount of time period, which is also
called as Retransmission Time out.
In the book by stevens, he has mentioned that minimum RTO for TCP is 1 second.

Sir here i have a question for you, For Linx OS, for certain kind of experimentation with
TCP , I need to modify this and want to change the RTO in milliseconds, is it possible
to do it , and how to do it.

Sir Can you also give me an idea on how to Measure the performance of  current TCP
implemented for Linux, is there any utility to do it .

Waiting for your suggestions .

Devjyoti.