[ns] Unable to forward packets...

Hello everybody and wish you a happy new year.

I'm implementing an ad-hoc routing protocol using ns-2.1b6. I'm unable to
forward packets: I set the cmn_hdr->direction_ to  hdr_cmn:::DOWN, i.e. -1,
just
before sending the packet to its next hop, but am greeted with the message:

 "Direction for pkt-flow not specified; Sending pkt up the stack on
default."

followed by,

"check_pktTx: Invalid MAC Control subtype"

The first message seems to be generated from phy.cc, and is generated when
direction_ in the common header is neither 1 nor -1. Is direction_ being
reset elsewhere? Has anyone encountered this problem before?

cheers,
Srinath Perur