Re: [ns] Application data

> being passed between applications) in Chapter 31 Applications and transport
> agent API. My problem now is that I need to really pass data between
> applications (because I want to try a new application and its effect on the
> overall performance)
> so, Is this problem handled in a newer release of NS (I am using all in one
> package version 2.1b7 )??
> If not I am in a bad need for help , What I can do to enable really passing a
> small number of packets between applications then inspect the packet
> contents???

I guess that is a misrepresentation. You can send "real" data between
transport agents by putting them in the userdata_ (or some similar
fields) field in a Packet. To facilitate that goal and to provide a
uniform interface for passing application data, AppData was
introduced. You can find a summary in that application part in the ns
manual.

Alternatively, you can instrument existing transport agents, e.g., udp, or
write your own agents to handle data in your own format, for example, the
SRM agent.

- Haobo