Re: [ns] Can't run TFRC simulation scripts

Lloyd -

>> Sorry, it turns out that the old scripts don't run because a
>> line in tfrc-sink.cc got changed
>
>by you. 'fess up!

Definitely by me, unfortunately.  Usually even I know better than
to add a field to the middle rather than to the end of the printf
line!

>printf ("time: %7.5f loss_rate: %7.5f sample 0: %5d \n",
>                       now, drops, sample);
>
>strikes me as the more backwards-compatible line, keeping all info
>there.

Clearly I should have done it that way.  But I didn't, so now we
probably have some awk scripts compatible with the earlier format,
and some compatible with the later format.  Not good.  Now there is
no clean way to fix it without tracking down all of our scripts that
use one or the other formats, and I decided not to do that right now.

>But more thought
>when altering output originally is required; this could have been
>avoided entirely...

Yep.  A validation test to check the functionality of the printf
output would have caught this as well.  (My experience is that the
only sure way to prevent drift is to include something in a validation
test...)

- Sally
http://www.aciri.org/floyd/