Re: [ns] Tracing Lan BW.

Hi,

To measure the bandwidth on a LAN you need to parse the trace file and
observe the number of packets successfully received between the start and
finish time.

The start of the packet transmission of the LAN is indicated by a 'h' in
the trace file. The reception of the packet is indicated by a 'r'.

I suggest reducing the propogation delay to on the LAN to 950ns (this
is the value indicted in the IEEE 802.3 standards.) to get acceptable
bandwidth values.

You could also observe the mac level collisions on the LAN indicated by a
'c' in the trace file.

best of luck
alefiya